Supervisory Emergency Management Specialist
(Federal Coordinating Officer)
FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY
· 1 vacancy - San Juan, PR
Work Schedule is Full Time-Excepted Service - Term Appointment with Indefinite Duration (no expiration)
Opened Friday 12/16/2016(1 day(s) ago)
Closes Monday 2/13/2017(58 day(s) away)
· Salary Range $117,376.00 to $152,593.00 / Per Year
· Series & Grade GS-0089-15/15
· Promotion Potential 15
In this position, you will establish the Federal presence as the President’s representative at the disaster operation site. The Federal Coordinating Officer is responsible for government and intergovernmental disaster coordination and leads program operations for the delivery of disaster assistance and relief services to survivors. Typical duties include:
· Coordinates the relationships between Federal, State, local and FEMA personnel in partnership with the State Coordinating Officer (SCO).
· Manages the media, community, and other external relations to communicate the availability of disaster assistance to Congress, applicants, and the general public.
· Advises the Governor on the status of the Federal response.
· Directs other agencies to support the state in identifying and meeting disaster needs.
· Maintains financial oversight to ensure the operation is efficient and effective.
· Responsible for the overall safety of personnel assigned to the disaster operation, and accountability for all property assigned to support the disaster operation.
· Plans, develops, reviews, and evaluates all phases and functions of the disaster field operation programs conducted by FEMA.