Emergency Management Specialist
DEFENSE LOGISTICS AGENCY
Few vacancies in the following location: Pentagon, Arlington, VA
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 12/13/2016(2 day(s) ago)
Closes Tuesday 12/20/2016(5 day(s) away)
· Salary Range $108,887.00 to $141,555.00 / Per Year
· Series & Grade GS-0089-14/14\
· Promotion Potential 14
As an Emergency Management Specialist, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assists and advises senior Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (OSD) leadership on continuity operations and guidance associated with the Defense Continuity Modernization and Mission Assurance Programs.
- Formulates, coordinates, and implements continuity policy guidance; policy planning, coordination, liaison, and technical advice on assigned Defense Continuity Programs and the Defense Continuity Modernization Program.
- Reconciles or resolves policy issues which arise in the planning and operational processes and takes initiative to ensure DoD continuity and mission assurance programs and procedures are in accordance with national security, continuity, crisis management, and mission assurance policies.
- Represents the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Defense Continuity and Mission Assurance (DASD, DC&MA) at various DoD and Interagency conferences, meetings, and working groups.
- Leads a team of matrixed policy analysts who provide expertise and recommendations in designated areas of expertise.
- Develops, reviews, interprets, and analyzes national policies, defense concepts, plans and procedures as they relate to overall DoD Continuity Policy.