Alachua County Board of County Commissioners
Fire Rescue Diversity Coordinator
Closing Date: 12/30/16
Salary Range: $40,975.38 to 65,560.56 (Salary negotiable; Salary not to exceed 53,267.97)
Graduation from high school or equivalent and two years of experience as a Firefighter/Paramedic
including six months of experience in workforce diversity, recruitment, and/or public education.
Successful completion of a pre-employment physical examination and criminal history background check are required prior to employment.
Upon submission of application, proof of the following must be provided:
1. Current Firefighter Certificate of Compliance. If out of state current Firefighter certificate of
compliance, must obtain a State of Florida Firefighter Certificate of Compliance within twelve months of appointment to the position. Must be maintained as a condition of employment
2. Current Paramedic certificate. If out of state current Paramedic certificate, must obtain a State of
Florida Paramedic Certificate of Compliance within twelve months of appointment to the position. Must be maintained as a condition of employment.
3. Current designation as an Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider.
4. A valid Driver's license free from moving violation citations for a period of not less than six months preceding employment; and within the past three years applicant must have had no convictions for reckless driving or driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances and must not have had a driver's license suspended. If out of state valid Driver's License is provided at the time of application, a valid State of Florida Driver's license must be obtained within 30 days of appointment to position.
5. A sworn affidavit attesting to the non-use of tobacco products.
Upon appointment to position, the following must be completed and maintained as a condition of employment:
Successful completion of a course in Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support / International Trauma Life
Support must be obtained within the first twelve months upon appointment to position.
Certification by the Alachua County Medical Director within the first month of employment and maintain this certification as a condition of employment.
Please apply on-line at http://www.alachuacounty.us/employment . Please direct inquiries regarding this
position to (352) 374-5219.
Applicants with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation in the application/testing
Preference in initial appointment will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of disabled
ALL OFFERS OF EMPLOYMENT WILL BE CONTINGENT UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M.F.V.D.
TDD users, please call 711 (Florida Relay Service)
Pursuant to Florida’s open records law, applications and resumes are subject to public