What: Virtual disaster housing industry forum
Time: 2 to 4 p.m. eastern
Date: Thursday, June 15, 2017FEMA is hosting a virtual industry forum for members of the private sector and academic institutions that have new and innovative solutions for providing temporary living facilities following a disaster.
Participants can present via a web-based platform and phone call.
- The virtual housing industry forum is open to both for and non-profit organizations, trade associations or academic institutions who may be able to provide temporary living facilities following a disaster.
- Interested participants should already have a proto-type of a fully-formed design concept for disaster housing units.
- The ideal housing units can be used anywhere from six to 18 months following a disaster and can be used in a variety of climates.
- Participants can submit up to five power point slides to present. Presentations will be limited to 10 minutes or less.
- This call for presentations does not imply or guarantee a contract or intent to purchase. This call is being conducted to identify diverse options that may be unknown to FEMA.
- Presentations should be submitted no later than noon (eastern) on Tuesday, June 13. Presentation times and call-in information will be sent to those participating on June 13.