Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
If you are looking for a challenging work experience and a chance to work with a diverse group of professionals, then you should seek an opportunity with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). The OCC is the world’s preeminent bank supervisory agency. The OCC charters, regulates and supervises the integrity of our national banks.
Position Title: Secretary
Appointment Type: Permanent Appointment
Duration: Full time
Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary Range: $61,343- $113,676
Who May Apply:
- Eligible veterans (proof of eligibility required - military DD-214 and VA Letter)
· Serves as an office manager, ensuring efficiency in the administration of office policies, practices, and procedures and operational functions for the Deputy Comptroller. Recommends changes and fosters a spirit of teamwork and mutual support.
· Serves as liaison between executives and staff members, providing or requesting feedback on policies, programs, projects, and problems through effective communications and interpersonal relationships.
· Schedules appointments, meetings, conferences, and briefings with complete authority for commitment of time and using independent judgment and knowledge of the executive's goals, objectives and priorities. Receives visitors, prepares executives for meetings, and summarizes follow-up actions.
· Arranges for special and recurring meetings with district and Washington office executives and staff, developing agendas and background files, and arranging for transportation, meeting and living facilities, audio-visual equipment, and meals.
· Screens all calls, answering general administrative questions and referring complex and sensitive technical and policy related questions to the appropriate executive or staff member.
· Tracks travel and time and attendance data for Deputy Comptroller and staff and documents hours worked, leave, project codes, and travel activities. Coordinates travel arrangements, and prepares travel vouchers.
· Uses personal computer to compose a variety of narrative and statistical reports, letters, and memoranda for personal signature or for signature of the executive.
This is a perfect opportunity if:
- You are self-motivated.
- You are willing to perform secretarial tasks. Assignments will be commensurate with your initiative and ability to contribute.
- You enjoy analytical thinking, multi-tasking, and working on teams.
- You have a good working knowledge of MS Office (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Earn Sick/Annual Leave
- Eligible to receive public transportation subsidy
How do I apply? You must provide the following application materials to be considered for this position:
1. Resume, and
2. Military DD214, and
3. VA Letter
Please submit the items above via email to Doreen.Rizopoulos@occ.treas.gov.
Application materials are due ASAP. If you have any questions, please contact Gail Burden at 202-649-7274.
*Consistent with the Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986 and other applicable laws, applicants for employment at the OCC who are citizens of the United States shall be preferred over equally qualified applicants who are not United States citizens.