Director, Office of Emergency Medical Services
The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR), Bureau for
Public Health is currently seeking candidates for the Director of the Office of Emergency
Medical Services (OEMS).
The Office is responsible for certification of Paramedics and
Emergency Medical Technicians, licensure and inspection of Emergency Medical
Services (EMS) agencies, designation of trauma centers, categorization of emergency
departments, and oversight of the EMS database system. The duties and
responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
● Direct the work of management, professional, technical, and clerical staff.
● Develop, plan, evaluate, and implement complex statewide OEMS programs.
● Direct the development of office standards, policies, and procedures.
● Oversee the compliance of OEMS programs with state and federal rules, policies,
● Direct the preparation and execution of the office budget.
● Serve in a primary liaison role with national, state, and local agencies.
● Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of program administration and delivery
● Oversee the preparation of periodic and special reports on the status of
● Serves as a member of the Bureau for Public Health’s leadership team.
The Director shall serve at the will and pleasure of the DHHR Secretary and shall not be
actively engaged or employed in any other business, vocation, or employment while
serving full time as the Director of the Office of Emergency Medical Services.
Location: – Kanawha County
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Preferred Experience: Nine years of full-time or equivalent part-time paid professional
experience in emergency medical services and related pre-hospital care, four years of
which must have been in an administration capacity.
WV State Benefits Offered:
PEIA Medical Insurance
Vision and Dental Insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Pension Retirement Plan
Deferred Compensation Retirement (457B)
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email cover letter and resume to: DHHRJobs@wv.gov