Is seeking to hire a
Family Engagement Specialist-Emergency Assistance (CARES Act Stimulus Project)
The Family Engagement Specialist (FES) supports teachers, administrators and staff in the seamless provision of Head Start services to children. The Family Engagement Specialist works with non-CARES Act Family Engagement Specialists to provide emergency assistance (EA) for UPO’s Early Head Start displaced and homeless families.
Establish a monthly recruitment plan in coordination with Center Director and non-CARES Act Family Engagement Worker. Assess all families for needs by using a strengths-based approach to address their needs while developing family goals that are specific, measurable, action-oriented, realistic and timely. Develop and implement Family Partnership Agreements with the families. (SMART Goals) Follow-up with families regarding goal progress at least once every quarter. Document progress in ChildPlus. Provide crisis response support and assistance to school and center personnel. Enter service data into the management information system, ensuring accuracy of all data. Assist in developing, implementing and follow-up on transition plans for each child and families at least 6 months prior to leaving the program. Provide crisis and/or emergency intervention to children and families as needed Provide support to centers regarding emergency assistance and housing services. Plan and provide school-wide programming to support early intervention, responsive parenting and advocacy.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, counseling, psychology, special needs or
a related field, and eligible for licensure in the District of Columbia as a Licensed Social Worker Associate
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, counseling, psychology, special needs or a related field, from an accredited college and two years of experience working with children and families. Current District of Columbia License as a Licensed Social Worker Associate.
Click here for more information
Fore more jobs at UPO click here
Saturday, January 30, 2021
Job Opportunity: UPO. Family Engagement Emergency Assistance. January 2021
Search This Blog
- Mission & Vision
- Membership Application and Dues
- The Power of the Diaspora
- Training: Mental Health First Aid
- Disaster Declaration Process in the United States. June 2020
- Disaster Declaration Process. Figuring out FEMA. But what about your Local and State Obligations? September 2021
- Let's Get Started with your FEMA Training for many...
- U.S. CERT Basic Training & Material (Online and ...
- U.S. FEMA Training & College Credits
- U.S. and International Emergency, Disaster, Crisis...
- U.S. EM Certifications by State (U.S.)
- U.S. CERT. What is CERT (Community Emergency Resp...
- U.S. CERT TEEN CERT
- U.S. CERT Campus CERT (Colleges and Universities...
- U.S. CERT LIABILITY
- U.S. CERT Workplace CERT
- Whole Community: Community Participation, Faith B...
- Whole Community: Individual Functional Needs (Dis...
- Whole Community: Reentry Program
- U.S. Education: HBCUs
- U.S. CERT. Register, Join, and Locate a CERT TEAM in your community
- Caribbean / Latin America Disaster Readiness Manua...
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools. E...
- Pamper Your Drain. Adopt A Drain. Climate Change ...
- Resiliency and Resiliency Building
- RECOMMENDED READING LIST
- NAACP: In the Eye of the Storm: A People’s Guide ...