RE-AMP is seeking a full time Organizing Coordinator to support network members in running excellent organizing and advocacy campaigns. The Coordinator will do this primarily through developing and implementing trainings, conducting member outreach, and building and maintaining relationships among key actors throughout the region.
RE-AMP is an active network of more than 130 nonprofits and foundations across nine Midwestern states, with the shared goal of equitably eliminating greenhouse gas emissions in the Midwest. RE-AMP connects people, helps them co-create strategies, and builds their capacity to implement those strategies well. We believe in collaboration, community, democracy, equity, justice, and scientific rigor. We also like to have fun.
Now, more than ever, we need to act on climate change. The RE-AMP Network’s unique approach is to combine systems thinking with the power of collaboration to achieve our goal of equitably eliminating greenhouse gas emissions in the Midwest.
The Organizing Coordinator’s role is to increase our members’ ability to run effective campaigns, build meaningful partnerships that strengthen the climate movement, and support BIPOC-centered climate work.
Provide support to The RE-AMP Network in the following ways:
- Outreach: Help members learn how to show up for others’ work (e.g., housing, water) and build relationships based on mutual respect.
- Workshops and Trainings: Through collaboration with RE-AMP members and allied organizations, create training opportunities around core campaign and organizing skills (e.g., communications strategy, campaign planning, or grassroots organizing).
- Resources: Create guides, webinars, and other training materials for the skills that go into developing strong campaigns and doing effective organizing, often by drawing on the expertise of our member organizations.
- Relationships with RE-AMP Members: Conduct one-on-ones; support member events; usefully connect people to each other.
- Communications: Share our vision and lift up our partners via Twitter and other communications.
Other duties as assigned by the RE-AMP Strategic Director that are consistent with the scope of work outlined above.
- Experience running effective advocacy, organizing, or election campaigns
- Experience building partnerships and facilitating collaborations among different groups or stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to take on challenges and follow through
- A commitment to racial equity, social justice, and climate justice
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Sense of humor
- Work experience or lived experience with frontline communities of the climate crisis, including communities of color, low-income communities, immigrant communities, and energy sector workers
- Knowledge of climate and clean energy issues
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector
What Else You Should Know
- This position is full-time and can be based anywhere in the nine-state RE-AMP footprint of Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. The position requires some travel (approximately 1-2 times per month once it is safe to gather again).
- The salary range for this position is $44,000 -$47,000. Benefits include health and dental insurance, retirement, and paid personal leave.
RE-AMP is an equal opportunity employer, and we value having staff who come from communities that are most impacted by our issue. We especially encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, LGBTQ people, transgender and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities to apply.
If interested please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 7, 2021.