Career Opportunities: Disaster Preparedness Planner
Requisition ID 18304 - Posted 09/15/2021 - CareOregon - Full-Time - Permanent - Portland
To protect the health and well-being of our members, employees and community, CareOregon requires all employees to be fully vacci.ated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exception as a qualification of employment.
Candidates who receive an offer of employment by CareOregon, must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or submit a medical or religious exception request, which will be evaluated in accordance with CareOregon’s standard accommodation process.
Position Title: Disaster Preparedness Planner
Title of Manager: Safety and Preparedness Manager
Employment Status: Exempt
General Statement of Duties
The Disaster Preparedness Planner is responsible for the ongoing review and administration of an effective and efficient disaster preparedness and business continuity program. This position recruits and trains the incident management team, maintains emergency response and business continuity systems, and develops and recommends policies, procedures and strategies to mitigate the impacts of potential business disruption.
Essential Position Functions
· Lead the execution of business impact analysis and risk assessments. Analyze and interpret results to inform planning, mitigation, and response strategies.
· Establish and maintain a training program for CareOregon Incident Management Team and staff.
· Develop and maintain business continuity and disaster recovery solutions.
· Develop hazard specific plans which align with FEMA guidance for Developing and Maintaining Emergency Operations Plans
· Engage with departments to develop and maintain department specific emergency and business continuity plans.
· Implement and manage systems for maintenance of CareOregon’s Disaster Preparedness Plan, department specific plans, and hazard specific annexes.
· Maintain and test CareOregon’s emergency alert and notification system. Recommend and implement strategies for increased adoption.
· Develop and conduct new hire preparedness orientation.
· Prepare reports outlining status of plan completion and corrective actions.
· Hold a leadership position within the Incident Management Team.
· Keep abreast of technical developments regulations that affect preparedness considerations for operations. Incorporate new information into existing operations, where applicable.
Essential Department and Organizational Functions
· Propose and implement process improvements
· Meet deadlines for completion of agree upon work products
· Maintain agreed upon work schedule
· Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork
· Provide cross-training on specific job responsibilities
· Meet identified business goals that contribute to departmental goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data and property
· Understanding of the National Incident Management System and Incident Command System
· Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
· Ability to teach, mentor and motivate others
· Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods
· Skilled in researching requirements and best practices
· Ability to conduct assessments and analysis
· Ability to consolidate data and findings and propose recommendations to manager
· Ability to communicate in a collaborative and professional manner and influence others
· Ability to communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing so others will understand
· Ability to remain calm and think quickly under pressure
· Ability to work effectively across a matrix environment with diverse individuals and groups
Physical Skills and Abilities Required
Cognitive and Other Skills and Abilities Required
Ability to focus on and comprehend information, learn new skills and abilities, assess a situation and seek or determine appropriate resolution, accept managerial direction and feedback, and tolerate and manage stress.
Education and/or Experience
· Minimum 5 years’ experience relating to roles in business continuity,
risk management, or emergency management
· Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Management,
Public Administration or related field
· CEM, CBCP, or equivalent certification
· Environment: This position’s primary responsibilities typically take place in the following environment(s) (check all that apply on a regular basis):
☒ Inside/office ☐ Clinics/health facilities ☐ Member homes
· Travel: This position may include occasional required or optional travel outside of the workplace, in which the employee’s personal vehicle, local transit, or other means of transportation may be used.
· Equipment: General office equipment
· Hazards: n/a
· Other: Due to the nature of this position, some after hours and weekend work may be required.
Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply. CareOregon is committed to building a linguistically and culturally diverse and inclusive work environment
Veterans are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers all candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.