The synopsis for this grant opportunity is detailed below, following this paragraph. This synopsis contains all of the updates to this document that have been posted as of 12/16/2012 . If updates have been made to the opportunity synopsis, update information is provided below the synopsis.
If you would like to receive notifications of changes to the grant opportunity click send me change notification emails . The only thing you need to provide for this service is your email address. No other information is requested.
Any inconsistency between the original printed document and the disk or electronic document shall be resolved by giving precedence to the printed document.
Document Type: Grants Notice Funding Opportunity Number: SOL-278-13-000005 Opportunity Category: Discretionary Posted Date: Dec 16, 2012 Creation Date: Dec 16, 2012 Original Closing Date for Applications: Dec 31, 2012 Current Closing Date for Applications: Dec 31, 2012 Archive Date: Jan 30, 2013 Funding Instrument Type: Cooperative Agreement Category of Funding Activity: Community Development Category Explanation: Expected Number of Awards: 1 Estimated Total Program Funding: $30,000,000 Award Ceiling: $30,000,000 Award Floor: $30,000,000 CFDA Number(s): 98.001 -- USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement: No
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Additional Information on Eligibility:
- Eligible applicants are US, international or national organizations, faith-based and community organizations, or educational institutions who have a presence in Jordan and who are able to respond through oral applications and be able to mobilize in a very short period of time.
- Jordan USAID-Amman
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission in Jordan will shortly be issuing a solicitation seeking assistance applications to implement the Community Engagement Program which is a rapid response community engagement program to address immediate and medium term stressors in communities with the goal to strengthen Jordanian communities to mitigate and resolve tension and instability caused by both domestic volatility and the massive influx of refugees.
- The anticipated level of funding for this program is $30,000,000 over a period of three (3) years with possible phases extending the program to five years. The program will focus on two primary components: 1) Mitigate community tensions through increased ability of non-government organizations (NGO), community based organizations (CBO), government authorities, informal actors and communities to peacefully and constructively resolve community stressors; and 2)
- Promote positive interaction between displaced Syrians and Jordanian host communities and within Jordanian communities.
Link to Additional Information
If you have difficulty accessing the full announcement electronically, please contact:
- Arwa Ghanma
Phone 96265906686 firstname.lastname@example.org
Synopsis Modification HistoryThere are currently no modifications for this opportunity.