We are making a difference and change in our communities in the U.S. and internationally.
At BEMA we consider Black History Month as not only a time for remembrance of past and present achievement of people of African Descent in the U.S., but as Ancestry Heritage Month not only for people of African Descent but for all peoples internationally.
Chains are broken not only individually, but by a collective effort by all.
On Thursday, February 25, engage with us on nationwide disaster preparedness and resilience efforts serving African American communities. This effort is in observation of National African American History Month. Share the webinar information with your networks today.
**Register for the event by Clicking Here**
Date: Thursday, February 25, 2016
Time: 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET
- Linda Wilson, Chair, Delta Emergency Response Task Force, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. will discuss how fraternities and sororities can support disaster preparedness and response.
- Jacqueline Patterson, Director, Environmental and Climate Justice Program, NAACP will discuss what local civic organizations can do to increase preparedness.
- Shamika Ossey, RN, BSN, PHN, South LA Teen CERT, will discuss youth preparedness and disaster response.
How to Join the Webinar:
- Please register for the event by Clicking Here registration (https://icpd.adobeconnect.com/prepaa1/event/registration.html)
- Be sure to test your Adobe Connect connection prior to the meeting by clicking here.
- This webinar will offer closed captioning.
FEMA Resource Spotlight - Youth Preparedness Announcements:
- FEMA is looking for Youth Preparedness Council applicants. Students in 9th and 10th grade are encouraged to apply. Applications are due March 1. For more information: http://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/113574
- If you missed the Preparing Youth for Disasters webinar last week featuring several affirmers, you can view the archived presentation at: https://icpd.adobeconnect.com/p2qldq13mpi/
- If you are interested in learning more about the Student Tools for Emergency Planning program, it’s not too late to register for tomorrow’s webinar (Feb. 11 at 2:00 ET): https://icpd.adobeconnect.com/step2/event/registration.html