Save the Date
What: Virtual Disaster Housing Industry Forum
Date: Thursday, July 13, 2017
Time: 2 to 4 p.m. eastern
FEMA would like to thank the participants of our virtual housing industry forum held June 15. The event was a success, but because we had additional vendors who were not able to participate, we will hold a second event on July 13. Please see additional information below:
FEMA is hosting a virtual industry forum for members of the private sector and academic institutions that have new and innovative solutions for providing temporary living facilities following a disaster.
Participants can present via a web-based platform and phone call. Additional information for those who may be interested includes:
- The virtual housing industry forum is open to both for and non-profit organizations, trade associations or academic institutions who may be able to provide temporary living facilities following a disaster.
- Interested participants should already have a proto-type of a fully-formed design concept for disaster housing units.
- The ideal housing units can be used anywhere from six to 18 months following a disaster and can be used in a variety of climates.
- Participants can submit up to five power point slides to present. Presentations will be limited to 10 minutes or less.
- This call for presentations does not imply or guarantee a contract or intent to purchase. This call is being conducted to identify diverse options that may be unknown to FEMA.
- Presentations should be submitted no later than noon (eastern) on Monday, July 10. Presentation times and call-in information will be sent to those participating on July 11.
Those who are interested in participating or who have questions should contact FEMA-Housing-Assistance-Initiative@fema.dhs.gov.