Procurement Notice – CDEMA intends to establish a Framework Agreement for the Supply of Humanitarian Emergency Relief Items
Interested Bidders are invited to request the full bidding documents via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Pre-Qualification submission is 18th March 2019.
Please click here for further details.
Monday, February 25, 2019
Sunday, February 24, 2019
Friday, February 22, 2019
BEMA International was conceived to avoid these pitfalls at all costs.
CDS. CEO BEMA International
HOW TO DESTROY AN ORGANIZATION FROM WITHIN
· Insist on doing everything through “channels.” Never permit short-cuts to be taken in order to expedite decisions.
· Make “speeches.” Talk as frequently as possible and at great length. Illustrate your “points” by long anecdotes and accounts of personal experiences.
· When possible, refer all matters to committees, for “further study and consideration.” Attempt to make the committee as large as possible — never less than five.
· Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.
· Haggle over precise wordings of communications, minutes, resolutions.
· Refer back to matters decided upon at the last meeting and attempt to re-open the question of the advisability of that decision.
· Advocate “caution.” Be “reasonable” and urge your fellow-conferees to be “reasonable” and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments or difficulties later on.
· In making work assignments, always sign out the unimportant jobs first. See that important jobs are assigned to inefficient workers.
· Insist on perfect work in relatively unimportant products; send back for refinishing those which have the least flaw.
· To lower morale and with it, production, be pleasant to inefficient workers; give them undeserved promotions.
· Hold conferences when there is more critical work to be done.
· Multiply the procedures and clearances involved in issuing instructions, pay checks, and so on. See that three people have to approve everything where one would do.
· Work slowly.
· Contrive as many interruptions to your work as you can.
· Do your work poorly and blame it on bad tools, machinery, or equipment. Complain that these things are preventing you from doing your job right.
· Never pass on your skill and experience to a new or less skillful worker.
Charles D. Sharp
Chief Executive Officer
Black Emergency Managers Association
1231 Good Hope Road S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20020
Thursday, February 21, 2019
Search This Blog
- Mission & Vision
- Membership Application and Dues
- The Power of the Diaspora
- Training: Mental Health First Aid
- Disaster Declaration Process in the United States. June 2020
- Disaster Declaration Process. Figuring out FEMA. But what about your Local and State Obligations? September 2021
- Let's Get Started with your FEMA Training for many...
- U.S. CERT Basic Training & Material (Online and ...
- U.S. FEMA Training & College Credits
- U.S. and International Emergency, Disaster, Crisis...
- U.S. EM Certifications by State (U.S.)
- U.S. CERT. What is CERT (Community Emergency Resp...
- U.S. CERT TEEN CERT
- U.S. CERT Campus CERT (Colleges and Universities...
- U.S. CERT LIABILITY
- U.S. CERT Workplace CERT
- Whole Community: Community Participation, Faith B...
- Whole Community: Individual Functional Needs (Dis...
- Whole Community: Reentry Program
- U.S. Education: HBCUs
- U.S. CERT. Register, Join, and Locate a CERT TEAM...
- Caribbean / Latin America Disaster Readiness Manua...
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools. E...
- Pamper Your Drain. Adopt A Drain. Climate Change ...
- Resiliency and Resiliency Building
- RECOMMENDED READING LIST
- NAACP: In the Eye of the Storm: A People’s Guide ...
- ► 2021 (603)
- ► 2020 (767)
- Opportunity: CDEMA Procurement. February 2019
- Corruption. Corruption is a global issue. Feb...
- Destroy an organization from within. A few hinder...
- Get Your Passport. Now. February 2019
- National REENTRY Resource Center. SCA Highlights,...
- USDA 2018 Farm Bill Implementation Listening Sessi...
- Preventing Corruption in Humanitarian Aid. Februa...
- Celebrate with your member Global Sustainable Part...
- Webinar, Feb 28, 2019 1-2:15 ET. Protecting the H...
- National Reentry Resource Center. February 2019
- Food Assistance. California. February 2019
- February 2019. FEMA. “Tips to Prepare a Successf...
- Free online course introduces a critical topic in ...
- Homelessness. Emergency Crisis. When JAIL become...
- Homelessness. Emergency Crisis requiring emergenc...
- Disaster Planning. When a disaster strikes. Plan...
- RACE AND HEALTH. The New Food Movement Has a Pro...
- DisasterReady. Preventing Corruption in Humanitar...
- Voting Holiday. 1st Tuesday in November enacted be...
- Effective Advocating & Lobbying Your Elected Offic...
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2018 (201)
- ► 2017 (318)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (127)
- ► 2014 (198)
- ► 2013 (270)
- ► 2012 (558)