Faith based organizations
Contact BEMA at BEMA@BlackEmergManagersAssociation.org for additional information on community participation and involvement
1. Community Organization
a. Contact local emergency management agency.
i. obtain copy of local plans for neighborhood\community
b. development training emergency management training plan for organization
c. research local, and other funding for emergency management plans and training
d. create list of schools, senior citizens living facilities, and faith-based (churches)
in your area
e. create list of businesses within your neighborhood\community
FAITH BASED ORGANIZATIONS
2. Faith-based Organizations
a. View DHS Homeland Security Institute for Faith-Based and Community Initiative
Powerpoint presentation on
See pages on ‘Education: K-12’, and ‘Education: HBCUs’.
4. Local businesses
a. research business continuity plans
b. establish MOU (memorandum of understanding) with community organizations,
faith-based organizations in the event of a disaster
c. ensure payment or reimbursement plans are discussed for local or federal
d. ensure plans created for short-time, and long term power outage
e. consider plan for distribution of inventory to assist community in event of
short-, and long term recovery
f. consider supply-change, and logistics.
Whole Community: Community Participation, Faith Based Organizations, Schools, and Local Businesses
Search This Blog
- Mission & Vision
- Membership Application and Dues
- The Power of the Diaspora
- Training: Mental Health First Aid
- Disaster Declaration Process in the United States. June 2020
- Disaster Declaration Process. Figuring out FEMA. But what about your Local and State Obligations? September 2021
- Let's Get Started with your FEMA Training for many...
- U.S. CERT Basic Training & Material (Online and ...
- U.S. FEMA Training & College Credits
- U.S. and International Emergency, Disaster, Crisis...
- U.S. EM Certifications by State (U.S.)
- U.S. CERT. What is CERT (Community Emergency Resp...
- U.S. CERT TEEN CERT
- U.S. CERT Campus CERT (Colleges and Universities...
- U.S. CERT LIABILITY
- U.S. CERT Workplace CERT
- Whole Community: Community Participation, Faith B...
- Whole Community: Individual Functional Needs (Dis...
- Whole Community: Reentry Program
- U.S. Education: HBCUs
- U.S. CERT. Register, Join, and Locate a CERT TEAM...
- Caribbean / Latin America Disaster Readiness Manua...
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools. E...
- Pamper Your Drain. Adopt A Drain. Climate Change ...
- Resiliency and Resiliency Building
- RECOMMENDED READING LIST
- NAACP: In the Eye of the Storm: A People’s Guide ...
- $5,000.00 Scholarship: Lt. Julius Becton Jr. Scho...
- Job Opportunities: The Veteran’s Guide to Solar J...
- First all-Black Climbing Team to Climb Mount Evere...
- Emergency Communications: Ham Radio vs Satellite ...
- Job Opportunities. Volunteer for opportunities in...
- Famous Amos Announces Second Cycle of $150,000 Gra...
- Adapt or Die. Lincoln College closes after 157 ye...
- NEW STUDY: Translating Girls’ Education to Women’s...
- Black Renters Can't Afford 93% of Zip Codes In Top...
- It Runs Even Deeper........
- National Day of Awareness for Missing and Murdered...
- It runs deep.
- India and Pakistan heatwave is 'testing the limits...
- ▼ May (13)
- ► 2021 (603)
- ► 2020 (767)
- ► 2019 (155)
- ► 2018 (201)
- ► 2017 (318)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (127)
- ► 2014 (198)
- ► 2013 (270)
- ► 2012 (558)