TO our members in Canada, South & Central America, the Caribbean, Cuba, Nigeria, Togo, Kenya, and the Middle-East join your U.S. members in planning a preparedness week or day in solidarity & unity of all our communities.
Join our members in Nigeria currently experiencing the devastating effect of the Ebola pandemic affecting the nations of West Africa, and in hope that all the member nations of the African continent select a scheduled date(s) to show solidarity & unity by joining Sierra Leone, Liberia, and others by voluntarily closing their borders, transportation sectors, and reviewing their public health plans and procedures to contain this disease.
September is a month of preparedness, and reflection on September 11, 2001 where the entire country reacted to a planned threat and shut-down all both internal and external transportation (airlines) sectors to contain a threat to ensure the nation, the constituents of the U.S., and world that the U.S. was safe.
Be safe, Be prepared.
Charles D. Sharp. CEO. Black Emergency Managers Association
During National Preparedness Month you, your family, community and workplace can take action by planning a National PrepareAthon! Day on or around September 30th. Recommend that you use digital media tools as a way to promote National Preparedness Month, September 1-30th.
What you can do to promote National Preparedness Month:
- Check out the How to Get Involved in NPM Quick Guide
- Download the 2014 National Preparedness Month Digital Engagement Toolkit
- Share NPM messages on Social Media
- View and share the new Ready Campaign Public Service Announcements
- Join Thunderclap message on let your followers know that it’s National Preparedness Month with your followers. How does Thunderclapwork? Once you sign up, Thunderclap will sync your social media accounts to release an automatic Facebook post, Tweet or both on September, 2, 2014 at 2:00 PM reminding your friends and followers to make a family emergency plan.
- Join the National Preparedness Community and download the high resolution NPM logo
- Promote NPM by updating your Facebook and Twitter cover photo and profile image
- For NPM materials in Spanish please visit:www.ready.gov/es/septiembre
- Register for National PrepareAthon! Day: www.ready.gov/prepare