Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Monday, February 27, 2017
Friday, February 24, 2017
2017. INVITATION TO JOIN AN INTERACTIVE WEBCHAT FEATURING AFRICAN ENTREPRENEURS, OFFICIALS FROM THE US DEPARTMENT OF STATE, AND US EMBASSY OFFICIALS
LIVE WEBCHAT Q&A
WEDNESDAY, March 8th, 2017
9:30 - 10:15AM EST
ABOUT THE WEBCHAT
On March 8th at 9:30am EST, the Secretary’s Office of Global Partnerships (S/GP) and the Bureau of African Affairs at the U.S. Department of State — alongside its International diaspora Engagement Alliance (IdEA) program — will host #DiasporaVoices, a live-streamed interactive opportunity for diaspora communities to engage with top diplomats and entrepreneurs via social media.
We will discuss the importance of promoting entrepreneurship in Africa, which is one of the best ways to boost Africa’s economic growth, spur development and reduce poverty. It will also help bridge diaspora initiatives with those taking place within the U.S. government.
This interactive webchat aims to explore how African diaspora groups can partner with the United States in fostering entrepreneurship and inclusive economic growth in their countries of heritage by forging connections, coordinating resources, collaborating on programs, gaining media exposure and more. Diaspora communities provide a strong and valuable link between the U.S. and countries all over the world.
Participants may tweet questions and comments before and during the chat, using the hashtag #DiasporaVoices.
Consider this your invitation to sit at the table with leadership from the Bureau of African Affairs and other speakers including:
● Public Affairs Officer, U.S. Embassy Lusaka, Zambia, Janet Deutsch
Your question could be featured in an interactive chat session, addressing leveraging diaspora groups to spur entrepreneurship and inclusive economic growth.
To join the conversation, go to [share.america.gov/diaspora-
voices-africa] on March 8th at 9:30AM EST/ 14:30 UTC.
@DiasporaIdea @usembassytogo @AsstSecStateAF
FACEBOOK SAMPLE POST
Now’s your chance! On March 8th at 9:30 a.m. EST you can join a live webchat called Diaspora Voices that aims to explore how African diaspora groups can partner with the United States in fostering entrepreneurship and inclusive economic growth in their countries of heritage by forging connections, collaborating on programs, coordinating resources and more. Diaspora communities provide a strong and valuable link between the U.S. and countries all over the world.
Join us if you have:
-An interest in how the US government & African diaspora groups have worked together in the past, particularly on promoting business growth and opportunities.
-Questions for our diplomats covering that region about how they effectively engage with diaspora groups.
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
- · Keep in mind many hospitals in urban, and other areas may be in older structures and in need of full decontamination for possible dormant diseases.
- · Could volunteer fire\ems stations with faith-based and other organizations as part of the community response team fill the gap for those that may ‘fall between the cracks’, especially in our communities.
- · Gulf, and East Coast States the hurricane season will soon arrive. Is your community ready?
Big Changes Coming for Hospital Emergency Managers
Hospitals will be required to develop more specific plans and procedures for emergency response.
County Looking to Expand Volunteer Emergency Response Team
'When you have a FEMA disaster, some people have insurance. Some people are helped by FEMA. There’s a small group of people that fall into the cracks that no one is there to help.'
Black Emergency Managers Association
1231 Good Hope Road S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20020
“Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.” ¯ David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
Cooperation, Collaboration, Communication, Coordination, Community engagement, and Partnering (C5&P) A 501 (c) 3 organization.
Sunday, February 12, 2017
Food Security of national and worldwide security interest.
Free And Open To The Public
801 21st Street Northwest
Black History Month. Emergency Planning.
All our communities must have a basic, or full comprehensive plan to address all-hazards that could affect our communities.
Does your community have a plan for preparedness, response, recovery, mitigation, resiliency planning?
Charles D Sharp
Black Emergency Managers Association International
Highland Beach (Maryland) Highland Beach was founded in the summer of 1893 by Charles Douglass and his wife Laura after they had been turned away from a restaurant at the nearby Bay Ridge resort because of their race.
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
|Individual Membership (New, Renewal, Lifetime)|
Search This Blog
- Mission & Vision
- Membership Application and Dues
- The Power of the Diaspora
- Training: Mental Health First Aid
- Disaster Declaration Process in the United States. June 2020
- Disaster Declaration Process. Figuring out FEMA. But what about your Local and State Obligations? September 2021
- Let's Get Started with your FEMA Training for many...
- U.S. CERT Basic Training & Material (Online and ...
- U.S. FEMA Training & College Credits
- U.S. and International Emergency, Disaster, Crisis...
- U.S. EM Certifications by State (U.S.)
- U.S. CERT. What is CERT (Community Emergency Resp...
- U.S. CERT TEEN CERT
- U.S. CERT Campus CERT (Colleges and Universities...
- U.S. CERT LIABILITY
- U.S. CERT Workplace CERT
- Whole Community: Community Participation, Faith B...
- Whole Community: Individual Functional Needs (Dis...
- Whole Community: Reentry Program
- U.S. Education: HBCUs
- U.S. CERT. Register, Join, and Locate a CERT TEAM...
- Caribbean / Latin America Disaster Readiness Manua...
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools. E...
- Pamper Your Drain. Adopt A Drain. Climate Change ...
- Resiliency and Resiliency Building
- RECOMMENDED READING LIST
- NAACP: In the Eye of the Storm: A People’s Guide ...
- ► 2021 (539)
- ► 2020 (767)
- ► 2019 (155)
- ► 2018 (201)
- 2017. March. Wilson Center. Water from West Afr...
- 2017. Community Engagement. Knowledge of our gov...
- 2017. INVITATION TO JOIN AN INTERACTIVE WEBCHAT F...
- 2017. Are we ready to take up the load? Hospital...
- 2017. April 3-4. Local Food Impact Conference. ...
- 2017 FEB. Upcoming FARM BILL. George Washington U...
- Black History Month. Emergency Planning now part ...
- An Agenda to Advance Integrative Resilience Resear...
- New 42-State Report on Law Enforcement Training St...
- Africa Policy Breakfast 2017. Monday, February 27th.
- The History the Slaveholders Wanted Us to Forget -...
- 2017 Regional\Country spotlight: Bermuda Emergen...
- 2017. Something for everyone. Let's get our commu...
- Emergency & Disaster Management Degrees. Georgeto...
- 2017. UN OCHA Haiti. Situation Report No.34
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (127)
- ► 2014 (198)
- ► 2013 (270)
- ► 2012 (558)