How to apply for a FEMA Independent Study course (Online Course)
- Select a course from our course list.
- Review course materials by choosing any one of the options.
- You will enroll in this course when you complete the online answer sheet for the final exam and will be notified by Independent Study Office via email. The link to the final exam questions and online answer sheet submission page is found at the end of each course overview page.
How to apply for a course held in EMI (On-Campus Course)
Enrollment Policies / Eligibility
Enrollment in EMI courses is generally limited to U.S. residents; however, each year a limited number of international participants are accommodated in EMI courses. To take a course at EMI, applicants must meet the selection criteria and prerequisites specified for each course. Participants may not take the same course more than once.
Foreign Applicant Policies
A very limited number of opportunities exist for non-U.S. citizens to attend EMI courses. Click here for more Foreign Application information.
Seats are filling up fast, so it's important to apply early. Please click here for EMI on-campus courses application timelines.
Please follow the instructions below to apply an EMI course.
- EMI On-Campus Course Applications Tips
- Download and fill out the General Admission Application, FEMA Form 119-25-1 (Previously 75-5) below
- Screen Fillable (Acrobat 2.1 and above) 633 KB PDF
- Complete and sign the application form (Please fill out all blanks on the form completely or it will be returned). This application must be coordinated, reviewed, and approved by:
- Send completed application(s) to:Admissions Office, Room I-216
National Emergency Training Center
16825 South Seton Avenue
Emmitsburg, Maryland 21727-8998
Phone: (301) 447 - 1035
Fax: (301) 447 - 1658
After each application period
- NETC staff will review the applications and notify applicants regarding their status as noted above.
- EMI will post any remaining vacancies on the EMI Web site and interested personnel may continue to apply. EMI will fill vacancies on a first-come, first-served basis.