Are similar events in your community?
Check with your local Emergency Management Office\Agency, Fire\EMS, or Police, public health, airport, or transportation agency. Get involved.
Wonderful volunteering opportunity
Attention CERT Coordinators & Members:
The BWI Marshall Airport and Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is hosting the 2020 EPLEX Full Scale Exercise on May 2, 2020.
EPLEX is designed to test and validate the airport's ability to respond to an airplane crash.
Actors are being recruited to play the roles of plane crash patients, friends and family seeking information about plane crash victims, and to play the roles of media and "other" interested parties through the exercise sim-cell.
Actor's have the responsibility to make this exercise as realistic as possible by acting out their assigned role. Remember, emergency responders are depending on you in order to conduct training. The most important thing about the volunteer program is to have fun. Volunteers will learn about emergency response and how Fire/EMS operations are conducted. A lite breakfast and lunch will be provided for all volunteers.
· Participation is limited to those 16 years of age and older.
· Anyone younger than 18 years of age must have a waiver form filled out and signed by a parent or guardian prior to the exercise.
· All volunteers for EPLEX are required to pre-register using the provided link below.
· Sign-in will begin at 6:00 AM at the Gold Lot of the BWI Marshall Airport. Volunteers will receive specific instructions for parking through email.
· Prior to the exercise MEMA will provide a volunteer waiver form to all registered volunteers via email. Please sign and bring this form with you to the exercise.
Volunteer Registration Form: https://forms.gle/hMTgRCmRNTkBU5QGA
Once your volunteer registration form is processed, you will receive an email with further directions and exercise waiver forms.
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering for the BWI EPLEX!
1231-B Good Hope Road. S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20020
Change without Sacrifice is an Illusion. Lisa Ellis
Cooperation, Collaboration, Communication, Coordination, Community engagement, and Partnering (C5&P)
A 501 (c) 3 organization.