The guide provides actions emergency managers and public officials can take to prepare for response and recovery operations during ongoing COVID-19 response efforts. Specifically, the guidance:
- Describes anticipated challenges to disaster operations posed by COVID-19.
- Highlights planning considerations for emergency managers based on current challenges.
- Outlines how FEMA plans to adapt response and recovery operations.
- Creates a shared understanding of expectations between FEMA and emergency managers.
- Includes guidance, checklists and resources to support emergency managers' response and recovery planning.
To expand awareness and understanding of the guidance, FEMA’s National Preparedness Directorate is conducting four webinars. The webinars will allow emergency managers an opportunity to discuss how the guidance can assist jurisdictions review and modify their plans given the constraints and limitations of the ongoing pandemic. To register, please click on the link for the preferred webinar from the list below:
- Webinar 1: FEMA Adobe Connect
2 - 3 p.m. ET on Tuesday, June 2.
- Webinar 2: FEMA Adobe Connect
10 - 11 a.m. ET on Thursday, June 4.
- Webinar 3: FEMA Adobe Connect
1 - 2 p.m. ET on Monday, June 8.
- Webinar 4: FEMA Adobe Connect
3 - 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday, June 10.