USDA’s Office of Partnerships & Public Engagement, in collaboration with the Regional Rural Development Centers, is inviting you to join a multi-day virtual workshop on Building Community Capacity around Socially Disadvantaged Farmers and Ranchers. This event is designed for community organizers and planners that work on this important topic on a state or community level, such as:
· Community Planners/Organizers
· Cooperative Extension Service Professionals
· Elected/Appointed County and City Officials
· National/State Forestry Associations
· 2501 Recipients Working with Landowners
· Land Trust and Conservatory Organizations
The workshop will take place over a series of dates/times to facilitate online learning.
· Session 1: August 5th @ 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. CT/9 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET
· Session 2: August 6th @ 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. CT/9 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET
Special Topics Include: Heir's Property, Farm Stress, Value Chain Partnership Strategy, Innovations in Marketing and Equity, Justice and Access
· Learn about resources and strategies to meet emergent needs and challenges of socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers:
· Examine up-to-date information on USDA programs
· Engage in peer-to-peer connections among participants
· Learn methods to access public data to assess needs
· Develop stakeholder engagement strategy to build partnerships and accomplish shared goals
Come join the conversation as we help create a better tomorrow!
To learn more about the workshop and register, please click here.