Our 501(c)(3) status (granting the Consortium legal status as a non-profit organization in the US) is still pending, but we anticipate approval very soon!
Part of the change in becoming a 501(c)(3) organization will be the reinstatement of membership dues. The Board of Directors will present the price structure, the manner of payment, and the timing of the assessment of dues once our non-profit status is finalized. We’ll likely set dues in varying amounts based on the size, type, and location of the member organization (specifically whether the member is from a non-LMIC country or LMIC country). More information about membership dues is forthcoming.
The full-membership quarterly meeting is tentatively scheduled for this summer, and will provide an opportunity to discuss GHSA as well as Consortium matters (including membership dues). The exact date is TBD but will be shared with members as soon as it is confirmed.
The Board of Directors wants to hear from you how we can continue to grow as an organization! We plan to set-up a few focus groups in the coming months, along with a wider member survey for members to provide feedback. We also want members to share their interests and availability in supporting the larger Consortium goals as well as engaging with the GHSA Task Forces and Action Packages. Stay tuned.
Request for Inputs on JEE - Immediate Response Required
The US CDC is seeking participation in three rounds of surveys related to the first and second editions of the Joint External Evaluation (JEE) tool. Surveys will be used to build consensus on the impact of scores between the editions and will serve as a foundation for conversations about future changes to the JEE. The amount of time required to complete each survey will depend on how many of the 19 technical areas are reviewed. If you interested, please contact email@example.com by COB on Tuesday, 25 May 2021.
GHSA Virtual Steering Group Meeting Scheduled for 7-9 June 2021
The next GHSA Steering Group meeting will be hosted virtually by SG Chair Thailand on 7-9 June 2021. The agenda includes GHSA communications and outreach; updates from Action Packages and Task Forces; and planning the second half of 2021. Once the GHSA Steering Group Chair determines the delegation size, Consortium Chair Samantha Dittrich will coordinate GHSA Consortium representation. If you are interested in attending the Steering Group meeting, please contact Samantha at Samantha.Dittrich@merrick.com before 27 May.
GHSA Steering Group Approves Task Force on Research & Development
In May 2021, the GHSA Steering Group approved a new GHSA Task Force on R&D, adopted through the advocacy efforts of the Global Health Technologies Coalition (GHTC). The R&D Task Force will serve as a platform to develop tools to help GHSA countries and donors make a clear case for the link between R&D capacity-building and health security targets, to set clear road maps for strengthening R&D capacity-building, and hold dialogues that help identify and highlight key bottlenecks for decision-makers.
REPORT: In May 2021, The Independent Panel for Pandemic Preparedness and Response established by the World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General presented its findings and recommendations for actions to end the COVID-19 pandemic and strengthen preparedness to prevent, detect, and respond to future outbreaks before they can become pandemics. The Independent Panel's recommendations have created momentum for dialogue around a whole-of-society, multisectoral approach to prevention and preparedness, with political support from the highest levels.
RESOURCES - AMR Action Package (APP-1): BD, a member of the Private Sector Roundtable, shared a calculator to help countries and their partners estimate the costs of healthcare resource use and clinical outcomes due to antimicrobial resistance (AMR) with the members of the AMR Action Package (APP-1) Working Group.
EVENT: Consortium member Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is organizing a World Health Assembly Side Event on The Future of Global Health is Planetary Health: What will it take to prevent the next pandemic? Registration is currently open for the side event, scheduled for Thursday, 3 June 2021, from 9:30 - 10:30 EDT.
The next GHSA Consortium Steering Committee meeting will be held
Thursday, June 17 at 10am EDT - calendar invites forthcoming.
Post a Comment