- Should Emergency Management be in control of State, County, or City Law Enforcement?
- Is community participation and engagement lost?
- Is trust fully established with the 'whole community', every member of the community?
- The State of Michigan and the City of Detroit, and many other cities within the state (Flint, Dearborn, etc.) offer a unique observation for analysis for community engagement, participation, and funding opportunities.
- Which communities are affected the most by ZIP CODE when disasters strike?
Map of Detroit by WARD
Several assessment teams made up of the Federal Emergency Management Agency ( FEMA), Michigan State Police-Emergency Management and Homeland Security Division, the U.S. Small Business Administration and Wayne County officials started walking down the streets Thursday of Dearborn, Dearborn Heights and Detroit, conducting preliminary damage assessments.
"We really are trying to gather information at this point," said FEMA external sffairs officer Troy Christensen. "We are knocking on doors, we're talking to the homeowners, to the renters, and seeing what kind of damage they had."....
State Administrative Agency (SAA) Contacts
Additionally, the SAA is one of two eligible entities allowed to apply for the Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) (the state Emergency Management Agency is the other).
If you have a project you are interested in funding, please contact your applicable SAA POC.
|Michigan||Michigan State Police Department / Emergency Management & Homeland Security Division||Kim Richmond|
Michigan: Emergency Management Organization & Structure (County, Municipalities)