v New York Citizen Corps Weekly News
We are happy to announce that NYC Office of Emergency Management is now accepting applications for our upcoming CERT training cycle that begins in February.
OEM's Community Emergency Response Teams (CERTs) are groups of local volunteers who have undergone a 10-week training program that focuses on emergency preparedness, fire safety, traffic control, disaster medical operations, and more. CERT members serve their community by assisting first responders, helping at citywide planned events, and educating the public about emergency preparedness. They also help their neighbors recover from disasters by serving in assistance centers and by providing accurate, up-to-date information.
· The class is free!
· 10 weeks, one night a week, 6:30 - 9:30 PM
· A mix of classroom instruction and hands-on practice
· CERT members must be at least 18 years old
· Must reside or work in New York City
· There will be a pre-training interview conducted by the team you are set to join