The fourth version of the Public Assistance Policy and Program Guide will go into effect on June 1, 2020. The latest version supersedes version 3.1 and will be applicable to incidents declared on or after June 1, 2020.
The Public Assistance Policy and Program Guide is a comprehensive program resource that combines FEMA Public Assistance policy into a single volume and provides an overview of the program implementation process with links to other publications and documents that provide additional process details.
The Fourth Edition was released in draft form with a 45-day public comment period. The FEMA Public Assistance program received and adjudicated more than 580 public comments while drafting the final version.
Updates to the guide includes, but are not limited to:
- Incorporation of the Public Assistance Alternative Procedures for Permanent Work Pilot Policy (FEMA Policy 104-009-7);
- Incorporation of the Public Assistance National Delivery Model process and procedures;
- Updates to administrative processes and eligibility of applicants, emergency work, permanent work, and cost; and,
- Incorporation and subsequent supersession of various policies, job aids, and fact sheets.
If you have any questions regarding this FEMA Advisory, please contact FEMA Office of External Affairs, Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs Division:
· Congressional Affairs at (202) 646-4500 or at FEMA-Congressional-Affairs@fema.dhs.gov
· Intergovernmental Affairs at (202) 646-3444 or at FEMA-IGA@fema.dhs.gov
· Tribal Affairs at (202) 646-3444 or at FEMA-Tribal@fema.dhs.govPrivate Sector Engagement at (202) 646-3444 or at email@example.com