|Title||TEEX MGT 310 Threat and Risk Assessment (CG 7)(Free)|
|Dates||6/18/2013 - 6/19/2013|
|Time||7:30 AM - 4:30 PM EST|
|Location||Howard Co Public Safety Building, 2200 Scott Wheeler Dr.|
|Description||This course prepares participants to conduct a jurisdictional Threat Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA). Participant activities focus on allowing the jurisdiction to understand threats and hazards and how the impacts may vary according to time of occurrence, season, location, and other community factors. This knowledge helps a jurisdiction establish informed and defensible capability targets. Participants will identify threats and hazards of concern, give the threats and hazards context, examine the core capabilities, set capability targets, perform vulnerability and consequence assessments, and apply the results. The course delivery combines lecture, small group discussions, participant activities, and multimedia scenarios to improve the jurisdiction’s capability to prevent, protect, mitigate, respond to, or recover from all-hazards events.|
Participant Audience: Emergency response level, supervisory and/or management personnel who respond to or have oversight responsibility for incidents caused by terrorism, natural disaster, major accidents and all other hazards. Course participants include responders from the following disciplines/services: • Law Enforcement • Fire Service • Emergency Medical Services • Hazardous Materials • Public Health • Public Works • Emergency Management • Health Care • Emergency Communications • Governmental Administrative Personnel from the private sector, non-governmental organizations, schools, and the military are also allowed to attend if invited or approved by the host jurisdiction.
Prerequisites: Participants should work in one of the listed disciplines, have completed a WMD/terrorism awareness level course, or be approved by the local jurisdiction host. Completion of the online courses IS-700.a (NIMS - An Introduction) and AWR-160 (WMD/Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders) is recommended but not required. The DHS/FEMA NTED course AWR-160 is offered online by TEEX at: www.teexwmdcampus.com.
|Contacts||John Broaddus-410-517-3609 John Reginaldi-443-865-9514|
|[Register For TEEX MGT 310 Threat and Risk Assessment (CG 7)(Free)]|
Friday, May 3, 2013
Training Opportunity: June 18-19, 2013. Threat and Risk Assessment (CG 7)(Free)
at May 03, 2013
Search This Blog
- Mission & Vision
- Membership Application and Dues
- The Power of the Diaspora
- Training: Mental Health First Aid
- Disaster Declaration Process in the United States. June 2020
- Disaster Declaration Process. Figuring out FEMA. But what about your Local and State Obligations? September 2021
- Let's Get Started with your FEMA Training for many...
- U.S. CERT Basic Training & Material (Online and ...
- U.S. FEMA Training & College Credits
- U.S. and International Emergency, Disaster, Crisis...
- U.S. EM Certifications by State (U.S.)
- U.S. CERT. What is CERT (Community Emergency Resp...
- U.S. CERT TEEN CERT
- U.S. CERT Campus CERT (Colleges and Universities...
- U.S. CERT LIABILITY
- U.S. CERT Workplace CERT
- Whole Community: Community Participation, Faith B...
- Whole Community: Individual Functional Needs (Dis...
- Whole Community: Reentry Program
- U.S. Education: HBCUs
- U.S. CERT. Register, Join, and Locate a CERT TEAM in your community
- Caribbean / Latin America Disaster Readiness Manua...
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools. E...
- Pamper Your Drain. Adopt A Drain. Climate Change ...
- Resiliency and Resiliency Building
- RECOMMENDED READING LIST
- NAACP: In the Eye of the Storm: A People’s Guide ...