FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thompson, Rose Write DHS on Reports of Extremists Seeking to Exploit Coronavirus Pandemic
March 24, 2020 (WASHINGTON) – Today, Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS), Chairman of the Committee on Homeland Security, and Rep. Max Rose (D-NY), Chairman of the Subcommittee on Intelligence and Counterterrorism, sent a letter to Elizabeth Neumann, Assistant Secretary for Threat Prevention and Security Policy, at the Department of Homeland Security regarding the Federal government’s efforts to counter potential homeland security threats from violent extremists who may seek to take advantage of the current coronavirus health crisis. Recent reports have highlighted how white supremacist extremists across the world are discussing ways to take advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic to advance violent ends and spread chaos.
“As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to upend American life in new and unpredictable ways, we seek an understanding of how DHS is preparing for and mitigating potential homeland security threats from bad actors, such as violent extremists in the United States and abroad, who may seek to exploit vulnerabilities stemming from this metastasizing crisis,” wrote the Members. “To that end, we would like to know how the Office of Threat Prevention and Security Policy is coordinating DHS prevention efforts to account for the evolving threat landscape under the specter of COVID-19.”
# # #
(Thompson) Adam Comis at 202-225-9978
(Rose) Jonas Edwards-Jenks at 202-225-3371
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
House Committee on Homeland Security. Thompson, Rose Write DHS on Reports of Extremists Seeking to Exploit Coronavirus Pandemic
|Individual Membership (New, Renewal, Lifetime)|
Search This Blog
- Mission & Vision
- Membership Application and Dues
- The Power of the Diaspora
- Training: Mental Health First Aid
- Disaster Declaration Process in the United States. June 2020
- Disaster Declaration Process. Figuring out FEMA. But what about your Local and State Obligations? September 2021
- Let's Get Started with your FEMA Training for many...
- U.S. CERT Basic Training & Material (Online and ...
- U.S. FEMA Training & College Credits
- U.S. and International Emergency, Disaster, Crisis...
- U.S. EM Certifications by State (U.S.)
- U.S. CERT. What is CERT (Community Emergency Resp...
- U.S. CERT TEEN CERT
- U.S. CERT Campus CERT (Colleges and Universities...
- U.S. CERT LIABILITY
- U.S. CERT Workplace CERT
- Whole Community: Community Participation, Faith B...
- Whole Community: Individual Functional Needs (Dis...
- Whole Community: Reentry Program
- U.S. Education: HBCUs
- U.S. CERT. Register, Join, and Locate a CERT TEAM...
- Caribbean / Latin America Disaster Readiness Manua...
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools. E...
- Pamper Your Drain. Adopt A Drain. Climate Change ...
- Resiliency and Resiliency Building
- RECOMMENDED READING LIST
- NAACP: In the Eye of the Storm: A People’s Guide ...
- ► 2021 (539)
- House Committee on Homeland Security. Thompson, D...
- House Committee on Homeland Security. Thompson...
- Non-Traditional Authorities in COVID-19 Response. ...
- Fear in these confusing times. COVID-19 and FEAR....
- Helping rural areas get connected. March 2020
- 2013 to 2020. Census Data. Prepare for updates.
- $$$ Grant Web Opportunities: FEMA March 2020
- MCDD 2020 Summer Learning Series: Registration is ...
- ▼ March (8)
- ► 2019 (155)
- ► 2018 (201)
- ► 2017 (318)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (127)
- ► 2014 (198)
- ► 2013 (270)
- ► 2012 (558)