FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thompson, DeFazio, Payne, Titus Urge Trump to Eliminate Cost Share for States Under Coronavirus Disaster Declarations
March 24, 2020 (WASHINGTON) – Today, Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS), Chairman of the Committee on Homeland Security, Rep. Peter A. DeFazio (D-OR), Chairman of the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, Rep. Donald M. Payne, Jr. (D-NJ), Chairman of the Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Recovery, and Rep. Dina Titus (D-NV), Chairwoman of the Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management, sent a letter to President Trump urging him to, during the coronavirus pandemic, eliminate the 25 percent cost share that states typically are required to bear under emergency and major disaster declarations.
“Given the unprecedented nature of this pandemic, SLTT [state, local, tribal and territorial] governments will not be able to shoulder the 25 percent cost share under the PA [Public Assistance] program,” the Members wrote. “We urge you to increase the Federal support and eliminate the non-Federal cost entirely. Such a cost share adjustment will enable SLTT partners to dedicate essential resources to outbreak response efforts. An increase in the Federal cost share is warranted given the magnitude of the threat facing the nation…”
# # #
(Homeland Security) Adam Comis
(Transportation and Infrastructure) Sandy Bayley
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
House Committee on Homeland Security. Thompson, DeFazio, Payne, Titus Urge Trump to Eliminate Cost Share for States Under Coronavirus Disaster Declarations
|Individual Membership (New, Renewal, Lifetime)|
Search This Blog
- Mission & Vision
- Membership Application and Dues
- The Power of the Diaspora
- Training: Mental Health First Aid
- Disaster Declaration Process in the United States. June 2020
- Disaster Declaration Process. Figuring out FEMA. But what about your Local and State Obligations? September 2021
- Let's Get Started with your FEMA Training for many...
- U.S. CERT Basic Training & Material (Online and ...
- U.S. FEMA Training & College Credits
- U.S. and International Emergency, Disaster, Crisis...
- U.S. EM Certifications by State (U.S.)
- U.S. CERT. What is CERT (Community Emergency Resp...
- U.S. CERT TEEN CERT
- U.S. CERT Campus CERT (Colleges and Universities...
- U.S. CERT LIABILITY
- U.S. CERT Workplace CERT
- Whole Community: Community Participation, Faith B...
- Whole Community: Individual Functional Needs (Dis...
- Whole Community: Reentry Program
- U.S. Education: HBCUs
- U.S. CERT. Register, Join, and Locate a CERT TEAM...
- Caribbean / Latin America Disaster Readiness Manua...
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools. E...
- Pamper Your Drain. Adopt A Drain. Climate Change ...
- Resiliency and Resiliency Building
- RECOMMENDED READING LIST
- NAACP: In the Eye of the Storm: A People’s Guide ...
- ► 2021 (539)
- House Committee on Homeland Security. Thompson, D...
- House Committee on Homeland Security. Thompson...
- Non-Traditional Authorities in COVID-19 Response. ...
- Fear in these confusing times. COVID-19 and FEAR....
- Helping rural areas get connected. March 2020
- 2013 to 2020. Census Data. Prepare for updates.
- $$$ Grant Web Opportunities: FEMA March 2020
- MCDD 2020 Summer Learning Series: Registration is ...
- ▼ March (8)
- ► 2019 (155)
- ► 2018 (201)
- ► 2017 (318)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (127)
- ► 2014 (198)
- ► 2013 (270)
- ► 2012 (558)