We wanted to inform you that the Wireless Information System for Emergency Responders (WISER) including the WISER website (https://wiser.nlm.nih.gov) and WebWISER (https://webwiser.nlm.nih.gov), and the standalone applications for Windows PCs, iOS app, and Android app, will be discontinued as of February 28, 2023. This change is part of NLM’s initiative to align and consolidate the Library’s health information to make it easier for online health information seekers to find and navigate trusted health information curated by NLM.
Other sources of Hazmat or Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN) information are available with the following resources, which are also listed in the header notice on the WISER website:
- CHEMM (Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Management) - HHS ASPR
- REMM (Radiation Emergency Medical Management) - HHS ASPR
- ERG2020 (Emergency Response Guidebook) - USDOT/PHMSA [search for ERG2020 in the App Stores]
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards - CDC/NIOSH [search for NIOSH Mobile Pocket Guide in the App Stores]
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) website - CDC/ATSDR
- DHS's Hazardous Materials Release website - DHS
- PubChem - NIH/NLM
- The National Library of Medicine Data Distribution (data files for HSDB, ChemIDplus, etc.) - NIH/NLM
If you have questions or suggestions, please
contact NLM Customer Service (https://support.nlm.nih.gov/support/create-case).