We would like to introduce to you the Hurricane Florence Long Term Recovery Grants Program. The online application process is currently open and the deadline for application is April 14, 2019 at 5:00 pm EDT.
1. Request for Proposals
2. Using the GMIS (Grants Management Information System) as an applicant.
The American Red Cross is addressing the needs of Hurricane Florence survivors by reserving $3.8 million for a grant program that supports recovery services and extends the impact of current direct relief and financial assistance programs. This phase of recovery will prioritize the most vulnerable survivors in communities with the fewest recovery funding and service resources. These populations include, but are not limited to:
• Children, school-aged and younger
• Low-income households
• Culturally isolated communities, i.e., racial, ethnic or socio-economic groups
• Immigrants of all statuses
• Those with limited English proficiency
• Those with physical, cognitive or emotional disabilities
• Those living in rural or unincorporated areas with limited services
• Those not eligible for Red Cross individual assistance
• Those who lack access to Federal recovery resources
Applicant organizations may propose other populations and needs not yet identified by the Red Cross.
The priority of this Request for Proposals is to support established non-profit organizations with demonstrated experience in assisting individuals impacted by Hurricane Florence in federally-declared counties in North and South Carolina.
Program areas of support include:
• Home rebuild and repair
• Mold remediation
• Debris removal
• Temporary housing (i.e., rental housing)
• Access to licensed contractors
• Assistive/adaptive devices
• Health and mental health services
• Other essential social services
Additional detailed information is provided in the attached documents.
Please feel free to reach out to your relationship manager or me if you have any questions.
Thank you for your consideration.
Earl R. Brown | National Partner Relations & Agreements| National Disaster Partnerships
American Red Cross | National Headquarters | 431 18th . St. NW (3243) | Washington, DC 20006