Get the Small Business Help You Need, For Free!Have a great idea for a new business, but don’t know where to get started?
Try the government. Whether you’re looking for an app to help you get advice on the go, or reading material on how to get started, USA.gov has the information you need:
- Federal and state governments offer a large variety of free resources to people looking for small business help. USA.gov’s small business section helps you find government resources to start, operate and expand a business and much more.
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) can help you with management, technical, and training issues, or help you find your loan and funding options from multiple government organizations. The SBA app helps you find local advisers who can give you free one-on-one help for growing your business. Use the calculator to figure out costs of starting a new business, and catch up on all the news through SBA’s social media channels.
- Visit the newly created Business.USA.gov to find the small business tools available to you from across the government. Partner agencies such as the Department of Commerce and the Department of Labor share all their business resources in one spot, plus you can find out about state and local business outreach and development events.
- If you’re looking for information on specific business related topics, Publications.USA.gov features important information on patents and copyrights, current business scams, workplace health and safety and much more.
- The Consumer Action Handbook is a great resource to have on hand when you need to look up local, state and federal agencies for your business questions. You can also find trade associations and hot consumer topics like insurance questions, employment options, scams and more.