Invitation for Bids
Health Facility Expansion Project
Procurement of Medical Equipment and Furniture
Reference: 2GM 055 / 3GM 056
2. The Ministry of Health and Social Welfare has received financing from the IDB toward the cost of Health Facility Expansion Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing to payments under the contract for the Procurement of
- Lot 1. Furniture for health facilities
- Lot 2. Medical Equipment for health facilities
4. Bidding will be conducted through the international competitive bidding procedures specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods and Works under IDB Financing, and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in these Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Secretary of the Contracts Committee and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below , Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, National Pharmaceutical Services, Near Kotu Power Station, Kanifing between 9am and 6pm (Monday – Thursdays)
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non- refundable fee of D4,500 (Four Thousand Five Hundred Dalasis) or its equivalent in a convertible currency. Documents may be sent by courier to interested bidders upon payment of an additional D3, 000 (Three Thousand Dalasis) or its equivalent. The method of payment will be Cash, Bank Draft in the name of Ministry of Health and Social Welfare payable in The Gambia.
7. Electronic bidding will not be permitted.
8. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of not less than 2% of the total bid. A Bid Security from an Insurance Firm will not be accepted.
9. This bid is open to IDB member countries only.
10. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 12:00pm (local time) on Wednesday September 17th, 2014. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend in person at the address below at 12:15pm on Wednesday September 17th, 2014.
The address referred to above is:
THE SECRETARY TO THE CONTRACTS COMMITTEE
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND SOCIAL WELFARE
Tel: 9946188 / 9965000
E-MAIL: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org