Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
FEMA- Emergency Management Institute
Higher Education Program & National Training Liaison
“Academic Perspective On Increasing Engagement With Faith-based Organizations in Disaster Preparedness”
April 12, 2017 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. EDT
The webinar is a collaborative effort between the DHS Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships and the FEMA Higher Education Program to ensure emergency managers, faith-based and community organizations are aware of academic partner resources and engagement opportunities.
The objectives for the webinar include:
- Increasing the number of academic institutions familiar with FEMA’s Higher Education Program
- Elevating best practices for partnering with academic institutions who work to engage faith-based and community organizations in disaster preparedness activities
- Increasing the knowledge of emergency managers on the resources and work being produced by academic partners regarding faith-based and community organization engagement in emergency management.
- EMI Leadership
- Marcus Coleman, Special Assistant, DHS Center for Faith-based & Neighborhood Partnerships
- Brie Loskota, Executive Director of the Center for Religious and Civic Culture at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- Jamie Aten, Ph.D., Founder & Co-Director, Wheaton College Humanitarian Disaster Institute
- Wendy Walsh, Higher Education Program Manager, Moderator
Registration link is:
Conference Call-In: 800-320-4330, PIN: 376368For additional information: Contact Wendy Walsh, EMI Higher Education PM- email@example.com