Opportunity to meet leading emergency management and
communications decision makers from Kenya
On a visit to the United States, decision makers from Kenya will meet with leading U.S. providers of emergency management and communications equipment and technologies, as Kenya plans to make upgrades and improve responses to natural disasters in remote areas. The visit, hosted by the U.S. Trade and Development Agency, will allow U.S. companies to meet with and showcase their solutions to the delegation and learn about upcoming project opportunities.
USTDA’s contractor, Tuatara Group, is organizing the visit.
For more information, please visit the event website, click here Or, contact: Pamela Peseux, RTM Manager, Tuatara Group email:
email@example.com phone: +1301-335-1725
Tuesday, May 14, 2019 | 9 AM - 2 PM
U.S. Trade & Development Agency
Arlington, VA 22209 Phone: +1-703-875-4357 www.ustda.gov
OPPORTUNITIES FOR U.S. COMPANIES
• Learn about upcoming opportunities in Kenya’s emergency management sector
• Form new business partnerships
• Host the delegation
• Meet one-on-one with key decision makers
9:00 am Registration
9:30 am Welcome & Introductions by USTDA
9:45 am Delegation Presentations followed by
10:45 pm Coffee break and networking
11:00 pm Delegation Presentations followed by Q&A
11:30 pm Best Practices Roundtable
1:00 pm Networking Lunch
2:00 pm One-on-One Meetings
* Notional agenda, subject to change.
DELEGATES’ AREAS OF INTEREST
• Emergency response communications technologies
• Emergency Notification Systems
• Disaster preparedness, response, and mitigation technologies
• Best practices in emergency communications
• Policy and regulatory enablers
RESERVE YOUR SEAT TODAY
Registration is required.
FREE. U.S. Government or Supporting Organization
$40 Registration Fee for U.S. Organization. An investment includes a networking luncheon and a Business Briefing Handbook with background on the sector and delegates.
In 2018, several areas throughout Kenya, including Nairobi, experienced severe flooding, displacing households, damaging roads and bridges, preventing or limiting humanitarian access to many of the affected areas, cutting off people’s access to markets in multiple locations, displacing at least 244,407 people (45,219 households) and causing more than 80 deaths. The country struggles to provide its citizens with basic emergency services, leaving much of its population without access to timely and often life-saving assistance.
The Government of Kenya (GoK), through the National Disaster Operations Centre (NDOC) within the Ministry of Interior, has been working to address shortfalls in its emergency management response systems. GoK plans to invest in a number of projects to upgrade its emergency management systems to improve responsiveness to national disasters and emergencies including monitoring, coordinating, and mobilizing resources to respond to disasters. The GoK is also prioritizing the development and procurement of additional emergency communications systems which use technology to coordinate efforts between multiple agencies such as police, fire, health, and public utilities.
This visit provides an opportunity for the delegates to learn more about U.S. best practices in emergency management communications as well as meet with the U.S. companies providing innovative communications systems and services that support emergency management and disaster relief operations in the U.S. and globally. and globally.
Change without Sacrifice is an Illusion. Lisa Ellis
Saturday, April 20, 2019
May 14, 2019 Opportunities. Meet leading Emergency Management and Communications Decision Makers from Kenya
|Individual Membership (New, Renewal, Lifetime)|
Search This Blog
- Mission & Vision
- Membership Application and Dues
- The Power of the Diaspora
- Training: Mental Health First Aid
- Disaster Declaration Process in the United States. June 2020
- Disaster Declaration Process. Figuring out FEMA. But what about your Local and State Obligations? September 2021
- Let's Get Started with your FEMA Training for many...
- U.S. CERT Basic Training & Material (Online and ...
- U.S. FEMA Training & College Credits
- U.S. and International Emergency, Disaster, Crisis...
- U.S. EM Certifications by State (U.S.)
- U.S. CERT. What is CERT (Community Emergency Resp...
- U.S. CERT TEEN CERT
- U.S. CERT Campus CERT (Colleges and Universities...
- U.S. CERT LIABILITY
- U.S. CERT Workplace CERT
- Whole Community: Community Participation, Faith B...
- Whole Community: Individual Functional Needs (Dis...
- Whole Community: Reentry Program
- U.S. Education: HBCUs
- U.S. CERT. Register, Join, and Locate a CERT TEAM...
- Caribbean / Latin America Disaster Readiness Manua...
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools. E...
- Pamper Your Drain. Adopt A Drain. Climate Change ...
- Resiliency and Resiliency Building
- RECOMMENDED READING LIST
- NAACP: In the Eye of the Storm: A People’s Guide ...
- ► 2021 (530)
- ► 2020 (767)
- FREE....May 13-14, 2019. DC HOMELEAND SECURITY AND...
- GAO Report: DHS, FEMA Disaster Recovery Contractin...
- CERF: The fund that functions 'like the ambulance ...
- Local entrepreneurs on funding access: 'The system...
- How funders are fighting philanthropy that is 'top...
- May 14, 2019 Opportunities. Meet leading Emergen...
- Take Care of Yourself and Others. Recognize a Str...
- Take Care of Yourself and Loved ones. April is S...
- Financial Preparedness for Disasters & Emergencies...
- FREE FINANCIAL FAIR!!! Join the FEC at the 2019 Mo...
- Disaster Resilience Workshop. May 2019. What abo...
- FREE at Kaya. Project Management Essentials.
- FREE COURSE: Project Mgmt. Developing LogFrames. ...
- Opportunity...April 2019. FY19 MuralsDC Graffiti ...
- Why Has The World Forgotten Haiti? April 2019
- Hiring for Instructors, Mentors, & Teaching Assist...
- Effects of Emergencies on Health & Nutrition: An A...
- Veterans Networking Social Event Wednesday, April...
- Mozambique Diaspora. Food for Impact: Dine for Mo...
- Summit and Webinar: April 5th and Apr 17, 2019. ...
- Wednesday, April 3, 2018 2:45 PM. EMI e-Forum 'Div...
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2018 (201)
- ► 2017 (318)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (127)
- ► 2014 (198)
- ► 2013 (270)
- ► 2012 (558)